Monday, September 16, 2013

Feedly is the feedreader at the moment

I wanted to upgrade a post from a while ago.  When Google Reader went dark, many went scurrying to find a new reader to replace the feed curation that Google Reader provided.  For a while, I started using CommaFeed, which seemed to be pretty good replacement for Google Reader.  The only real issue I had was that it did not seem to update as fast as other readers.  I was continuously hearing about posts that I should read, only to find them in CommaFeed a day or two later.  Otherwise, I really liked it, as it was SO similar to Google Reader.

However, I gave Feedly a try, and I have to say, I'm impressed.  Sure, it's just a tad different from Google Reader, but it was easy enough to get the hang of it.  I've been using it a couple of months now, and I really do not see myself changing.  The only nag I have is that I cannot search my feeds for a particular topic/post.  I do see that now with Feedly Pro, you can pay to get a couple of extra benefits.  But, since I don't search the feeds "that" often, I'll wait until there is a pressing need.

1 comment:

  1. I initially tried Feedly back in the early spring but it had some bugs with the Chrome add-on. At the time several people were complaining about it on Feedly's forums and no one from Feedly seemed to be paying any attention on their getsatisfaction forums. In addition the only way to get Feedly to be close to Google's reader layout in Chrome was beyond convoluted. It prompted me to move on to try others and I ended up on Digg's reader since it feels closest to Feedly and seems to be bug free.

    Of course, once I made that choice work decides to start blocking Digg (asshats!). Nevermind 95+% of what I subscribe to is WORK related...like this site.

    ReplyDelete