- A network vulnerability scanner - TBD - I'm looking at SAINT, Nessus, and Retina
- Microsoft Network Monitor - I've never used this, but I could see scenarios where it would be useful.
- Wireshark - a great open source packet capture and analysis tool
- Oval - for host base vulnerability checking
- I'll have a couple of SRR scripts on the laptop (unix, SQL Server, and Oracle)
- NMAP - for scanning
- Netcat - because it is the Swiss Army Knife of network tools
- NetStumbler - for war-walking
- TruCrypt - for data at rest protection
If you can think of something I'm missing or something that might be useful, let me know.