Thursday, October 16, 2008

FIOS set top box download

Our dog isn't doing well. He's pretty old, and his age has started to catch up with him. So, when he gets up to walk around at night, I usually wake up. Mostly to make sure that he is ok. Unfortunately, I'm becoming a lighter sleeper than I used to be. Anyway, last night at around 4:00 a.m., I hear the set top box to the TV in our bedroom turn on. Then, I hear the box in the living room turn on. I went out to the living room and saw "DL" on the box, and a line going around in a circle next to it.

My best guess was that Verizon was pushing out either a software or firmware update to the boxes. It only lasted a minute or two, and the boxes turned on and off a couple times at the end. It probably would have been nice to know the activity was planned.

I still love the Fios service, I just think some communication would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment