Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who's using my lab?

Fortunately, I don't have anything of value in my lab.

I've mentioned before that the building my office is in is up for sale. My landlord calls me at least a day in advance when he needs to show the office. However, I've gone into my office a couple of times and found my monitor and dsl router powered on.

Understand this. I'm pretty anal about my office. Even when I go down to check mail/pay bills/check messages, I check the lab to make sure everything is off. Even if I didn't turn anything on.

I have no idea who would be turning it on, and supposedly, only the landlord has a key to the office.

Today, when I got down there, everything was ok. But, I adjusted the router's setting to turn off wireless as I don't use it. And, I hardened Vista by ensuring that logging was working properly. It doesn't appear that the Vista machine has been accessed, but now I want to know.

I guess the next step is to get a little camera.

Maybe this is (yet) another sign to get out of the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment