Monday, May 27, 2013

Testing out CommaFeed to replace Google Reader

In order to replace Google Reader, I've been looking at different platforms and companies.  I had been set on migrating to Feedly until I saw this come across my desk.  CommaFeed is an open source web application that comes pretty close to replicating Google Reader.  Actually, it has a couple of features I did not see in Google Reader (like showing feeds that are non-existent in another color.)  I'm not very social with my news, I use the reader to aggregate it for me.

So far, I'm impressed with CommaFeed; I like it a lot.  The proof will come in the next couple of weeks as I put it through it's paces.  This appeared to be a light weekend, without an influx of many posts; so it is tough to gauge.  But we'll see.  Should I move on to another reader, I'll update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment