Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking forward to the new year

I don't usually prognosticate or give thoughts about plans for the new year. I don't make New Years resolutions. However, since I have some time today, I thought I would organize some thoughts for the new year. They're not necessarily in any order, just the order that I thought of them.

1. I'd really like to grow my business. Especially in the forensics arena. It's what I love. I like the IR side, but I want to to grow the forensics business.

2. I think I'll be busy with the government side of work. I like it; and I've embraced the DoD, and I think I'm finally figuring out all the DoD regs. Whatever that means, I can count on the regs changing. I have a great boss there, and I work with a great team. But, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to work in a federal capacity doing forensics. Something like the FBI. But, it would take a lot to move me in that direction.

3. I suspect I'm going to have to take the CISSP. I really don't have anything against it, it's just not a cert that I'm really thrilled to get.

4. I don't think the threatscape will change, I suspect it will only get "worse." And in that regard, I suspect that all of us, as IT Security warriors will stay busy and challenged through out the year.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment