Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm still alive....

I've been away on a week's vacation. And I've spent this week reconnecting to the real world. So, that's why there have not been any posts for a bit. A couple of odds and ends:

  • The books and materials for the SANS 508 class have been arriving over the last two days. I must say, I feel like it's Christmas time, and I can't wait to tear into them. If you've never taken a SANS class, I highly recommend it. I took 504 with Ed Skoudis, and I'll be taking 508 with author Rob Lee.

  • 363 days (or so) until the next WhatWorks Summit in Forensics and Incident Response. I'm using this year's training budget to take the 508 class. Many of my co-workers are using their training budget by going to Black Hat / Defcon. Next year, my money is going to the Summit. I've missed it the last two years, I don't want to miss it again. I'm already starting to read reports on this year's summit in the blogosphere.

  • With regards to my own company, I'm really pushing to get into the corporate environment. I've done a lot of residential work, and while it pays the bills, it's not where my heart is. First stop is to revamp the website, then jump into the marketing (yuck.) I'm hoping it will payoff.

So, I expect to busy for a bit. I've got a testing trip coming up, and another potential trip in August. I hope to keep making time to write up my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment