Thursday, October 9, 2008

In-House Testing Class

The last two days were spent in an in-house testing class; which I thought was really well done. And, I thought it made more sense after having been out testing once. I think it might be tougher to get a good feel for what's expected if you haven't been out. Some of the modules were less meaningful, but that's probably because the material was familiar due to a project management background. The tools modules were awesome though.
Retina
Gold Disks
Nessus
our home grown tools
AppDetective
WebInspect
the Linux/unix SRR scripts
Kismet

Plus, we went over what makes a good physical security inspection. Probably the toughest part of the class was the module on document review: COOPs, ISSPs, IR Plans, HIPAA, etc. I'm itching to go back out again, and it looks like my wish will be granted at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment