Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sara Palin's email exploited

Catchy title, I know. It is all over the blogosphere, at least in the security circles. And those links I listed were just to the stories I read. I know there's more.

I'm not going to comment on the event as others have done a great job.

My thoughts are this: What has been Yahoo's response been to the relative ease with the ability for someone else to reset the password? I'm a Yahoo client, so to speak. One of my main email addresses is with Yahoo. I haven't received any PR from Yahoo, like they are going to change their reset strategy or something of the like. I'm really starting to think of using something else for my personal mail, and just let the junk, website registrations and confirmation emails go to Yahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment