Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Running Cheops-ng in Ubuntu

One piece of software I never ran in the class was Cheops-ng. I decided to give it a whirl today, so that I could get familiar with mapping a network. Well, I couldn't get it to run. I was able to install it through apt-get. But, on running it, I was only able to map hosts when I was physically plugged into the network with a network cable. I was unable to scan using the wireless card.

Further, when I mapped the network, I received the following types of errors when I checked the operating system:

File gui-handlers.c, Line 552 (do_os_scan): Unable to send OS-scan event

It took me a while to figure out that mapping was only working using a cable. I'll have to see if there is a setting I can toggle to use the wireless card.

No comments:

Post a Comment