Tuesday, May 6, 2008

AVG Antivirus - upgrade to version 8

I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. However, this morning was greeted to a pop-up from AVG that I would not be getting updates to the 7.5 version of the software after May 31st. And, I would need to update to version 8.

I just spent a few minutes updating. I encountered no (perceivable) issues as of yet. The only thing I noticed during the upgrade was a note...should version 8 not work properly, you would need to uninstall 8, and re-install version 7.5. So, far, it looks good. In doing a google search, I noticed little icons next to sites. When I mouse over them, the icons tell me if the site is "safe". And, by safe, I believe it means that there is no malicious code on the site. This will bear further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment